Do we have any in life? If we believe our destiny is decided already…do we really have any choice? We are also told destiny is what we make. Which theory would one believe in?
I think I have penned this before…everything seems to have contradictory views. Every proverb has an equal and opposite proverb!
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder. ~ Out of sight, out of mind.
- All good things come to those who wait. ~ Time and tide wait for no man.
- Birds of a feather flock together. ~ Opposites attract.
- You’re never too old to learn. ~ You can’t teach an old dog new tricks
- Don’t cross your bridges before you come to them. ~ Forewarned is forearmed.
- Doubt is the beginning of wisdom. ~ Faith will move mountains.
List goes on!! (like life 😉 ).
Off late, I have been thinking (duh….!) . I have been wondering if all I have been offered in life has been Hobson’s choice! It feels like I have a lot to choose from though in reality, there is nothing or just the one obvious. I have been looking back in all that has happened in life as far as my memory serves. I wonder if others share this thought process.I hope there are those who do think this way. I am being told that I over-think everything. May be I do!
Well, right now I do feel like I am taking life as it comes with the illusion that I am making choices (many bad ones at that most of the times! or so I believe that I made them!!).
Reminded of Joey from F.R.I.E.N.D.S asking “if you know what I mean…” and Monica answering “we always know!”. I feel like Joey right now!! :p