Mother’s Day today. It is not a huge deal at my place. My mum used to tell me, “do you need a mother’s day to remember / love your mum?” or that it is a western concept or commercialising love and the likes.
Though, I just thought that it might be an ideal day to do a tag about motherhood by IHM! 🙂
What do I not like about being a mother? There are days when I wonder why I had A. Look at him as a complication or a liability. Would I give up on him? No, never! He is the one who brings a smile (a genuine one) in everyone’s face here at home. A source of joy.
So onto the tag… what do I no like about being a mother?
- Worrying about how A would turn out. (Especially with a mum like me 🙂 and no one else)
- Worrying about what the impact of this divorce is going to be on him.
- Terrified about whether I would be able to provide for him (anything and everything that he needs and knowing what he would!)
- Being blamed for disciplining him.
- Worrying about spoiling him rotten if I did not discipline him (Where is that line?)
- Making him eat right being such a chore (Why can’t he just know what and how much to eat?! )
- Seeing him being so sensitive at this tender age, wishing he would not grow up too soon.
A is young. I guess I have a lot more to go through. This is probably just the beginning. The list might grow longer. It might lose a few points. This is a love -hate kind of thing. I love being a mother, having A in my life. I also hate it. It is difficult to pin point how, why and all that. The balance keeps shifting. Don’t know when it would settle or if it would. All said and done, I love my son and think that people who have decided to stay away from a gem like him are the biggest fools on earth!!
There you go IHM. I don’t know if I have done justice to your tag but I just wrote what came to my mind as usual. It might be a little too blunt but it is just how I feel! 🙂